- Xtract Energy Plc was established in 2004 (as then Resmex Plc) and its shares were admitted to trading on AIM at the end of March 2005.
- Xtract "aims to build and manage a portfolio of energy assets where the cost of entry is relatively low but where there is very considerable upside potential. By holding a portfolio of private and public company investments, Xtract offers investors access to otherwise unlisted opportunities together with financial flexibility and liquidity."
- The principal assets of Xtract Energy are its holdings in MEO Australia (ASX: MEO)(11.6%), Elko Energy Inc (35.4%), Extrem Energy (20%), Xtract Oil (100%), Xtract Energy Oil Shales (70%), Wasabi Energy (19.4%) and Zhibek Resources (25%). The company is developing a proprietary technology to enhance the yield of hydrocarbons from oil shale.
- Recent drilling update - http://www.stockopedia.com/news/announcement/XTR/090717xtr000793.htm - on the progress of the production test being carried out at Sarikiz-2 by its Turkish joint venture Extrem Energy A.S. ("Extrem Energy").
Other Background Document:
- 1/2 Yearly report: http://www.stockopedia.com/news/announcement/XTR/090206xtr9428m.htm
- AIM admission document from 2006: http://www.xtractenergy.co.uk/documents/ResmexAdmissionDocument20-Jan-06.pdf