Mariana Resources (AIM:MARL) Drilling Report

Wednesday, Jan 27 2010 by

Mariana Resources announced today that Hochschild Mining Holdings has carried out preliminary drilling at the Los Amigos Joint Venture site in Santa Cruz, Argentina. Mariana.jpg

Mariana Resources Ltd is an AIM-quoted exploration and project development company with a portfolio of projects considered highly prospective for epithermal gold-silver and IOCG (iron oxide copper–gold) deposits, with a focus in Argentina and Chile.

Hochschild Mining Holdings, the operator of the Los Amigos Joint Venture, informed Mariana Resources that three Reverse Circulation holes have been drilled for a total of 900 metres at the project site. The holes were drilled to investigate various vein targets for epithermal gold-silver mineralisation. 

Mariana Resources has two projects in the area, Mariana Amigos I and Amigos II, and Hochschild San Augustin tenements are located 110km south of Hochschild's gold-silver San Jose Mine.

The dimensions of the holes were between 1 and 10 m wide with quartz veinlets. Each hole intersected wider alteration zones. Results of the investigation are expected by the end of February 2010. 

The project is reported to cost US$2 million, over a period of 3 years. Mariana Resources have agreed to pay 40% of the cost, and the remaining 60% will be covered by Hochschild to reflect the participating interests of 49% and 51% respectively. A budget of US$500,000 is to be committed in the first year.

Hochschild’s interest could potentially increase to a total of 70% if they agree to fund 60% of the next $US3 million in the following two years, and a further 10% by completing a Feasibility Study or by providing project financing. 

Prior to the joint venture with Mariana, Hochschild previously held the San Augustin property with IAMGOLD Corporation. IAMGOLD retain 1.5% of net returns royalty on any future production from the Hochschild-Mariana partnership. 

There's value in the stock market
but do you know where to look?

Get the most concise synopsis of everything that's been proven to work in value investing. If you like your stocks cheap you've found a treasure trove distilled to under 70 pages.

  • How to find ultimate Bargain Stocks with Ben Graham
  • How to spot Turnarounds and avoid Value Traps
  • From Graham to Greenblatt via Piotroski & Lakonishok
  • How to value stocks and set a margin of safety

Soon to be retailing for an RRP of £14.99, for a limited time only,
you can get your copy free by joining our 35,000 strong mailing list.

*By signing up you'll be joining our mailing list
no junk, no spam - just great content like this example.


Disclaimer:  

As per our Terms of Use, Stockopedia is a financial news & data site, discussion forum and content aggregator. Our site should be used for educational & informational purposes only. We do not provide investment advice, recommendations or views as to whether an investment or strategy is suited to the investment needs of a specific individual. You should make your own decisions and seek independent professional advice before doing so. Remember: Shares can go down as well as up. Past performance is not a guide to future performance & investors may not get back the amount invested.


Do you like this Post?
Yes
No
0 thumbs up
0 thumbs down
Share this post with friends



Mariana Resources Limited is engaged in the exploration for minerals, mainly gold, silver and copper in Argentina, Chile and Peru. The Company operates in four segments: Argentina, which includes exploration activities in Argentina; Chile, which include exploration activities in Chile, Peru, which is involved in exploration activities in Peru, and head office operations, which include support function provided to the Company from Guernsey and Australia, Canada, including early stage exploration opportunities. The Company’s Argentina projects include Sierra Blanca Gold-Silver Project, Canadon Largo, Las Calandrias, Los Amigos and Condor de Oro. The Company has a letter of intent with Condor Resources Inc. to earn a 51% interest and operate the Pucayacu Gold-Copper Property. more »

Share Price (AIM)
2.03p
Change
-0.1  -2.4%
P/E (fwd)
n/a
Yield (fwd)
n/a
Mkt Cap (£m)
8.8



  Is Mariana Resources fundamentally strong or weak? Find out More »


What's your view on this news? to Comment Now

 
 
You are feeling neutral

Use the £ sign in front of a ticker to turn £VOD into Vodafone PLC

You can track all @StockoChat comments via Twitter


About Stockopedia News

Stockopedia News Bulletins aim to report on stories and companies that are relevant to and popular with online investors.  It's a free service provided to registered users of Stockopedia. 



Stock Picking Tutorial Centre



Stock Picking Simplified

Stockopedia takes your stock picking to the next level with cutting edge Stock Reports & Screening tools.


Get started
or Take a Tour to find out more.