I have already posted on two of the most important issues covered at yesterday's AGM: the share buyback program and gas storage possibilities.

AB gave a presentation - it's here and it's a good one, containing a useful mixture of overview / frankness / detail.

The slides are pretty self explanatory, but to add a bit of colour:

slide 3 - share price 

Hopefully buying back shares at below cash per share level (that's 14.9p at present) will put a floor on the share price, but it's not going to increase it until the market starts giving some value to Encore's assets. So this presentation was aimed at looking where that value was most likely to come in the next 6 -9 months. AB refused to put any estimates on what the range of values could be.

slide 5 - overview of assets

helpfully divided into "unloved", "immaterial" etc :) The key thing here is the first three: Cladhan, Catcher and Gas Storage, because these are the three that will be progressed over the next few months.

slide 6 - Cladhan (15%)

An appraisal well will be drilled in H1 next year, probably Mar/Apr. From my notes at last year's AGM

recent well cost £12m. A new appraisal well would not be needed, they could re-enter and drill two horizontal wells, one 1100 m downdip to find extent and one 400 ms updip to find oil/water contact (nb I may have got the up and down sizes the wrong way round).

This is by far the largest tiem of expenditure that will be undertaken. AB stressed that thre is oil there but the range of sizes is large - from the non commercial to the very significant.

slide 7 - Catcher 15%

Encore have taken back the operatorship from Oilieco, now in administration. However they are still free carried on the next well, hence minimal cost. It's a quick well and rig rates have been dropping - AB expects this one too to be drilled in about Mar/Apr.

If the well suceeds, they may decide to drill a sidetrack over into the East Catcher prospect.

slide 8 - Gas storage

see other thread.  Again minimal cost to get to next stage.

slide 9 Ceres 10%

First gas expected Q4. Income will be very modest. Encore would normally…

Unlock the rest of this article with a 14 day trial

Already have an account?
Login here