Fox Davies Capital Update featuring San Leon Energy, Victoria Oil & Gas, Tower Resources and Tullow Oil

Monday, Mar 01 2010 by
2

Oil & Gas Corporate News

San Leon Energy (Research restricted) (LON:SLE, 23p, ? (3.37%)) and Talisman Energy Inc. announced that a farmout has been signed between the San Leon Polish subsidiary Oculis Investments Sp. z o.o. and Talisman Energy Inc. for the exploration of shale gas in the Baltic Basin onshore Poland. Under the agreement Talisman has agreed to pay 60% of the costs of a seismic programme and has made a cash payment of EUR1.5m to San Leon. The remaining 40% will be conducted and paid for under the 2009 agreement between PGS and San Leon. Talisman will also drill one well across each of Oculis's three concessions with the option to follow up with a further Fox Davies Capital Update featuring San Leon Energy, Victoria  Oil  & Gas, Tower Resources and Tullow Oil company news imagethree wells should the data encourage further development. Talisman will be assigned a 60% interest in each concession, reducing to 30% if it doesn't elect to drill the optional second well.  This represents a potential estimated investment of more than US$80m in the coming three years to prove a potentially significant gas play in Poland. Based upon San Leon's initial technical evaluation of the shale gas potential of the Silurian and Ordovician rocks in the Baltic Basin the play has an estimated potential of 4.0-6.0 TCF of recoverable natural gas across San Leon Energy's acreage. Currently Oculis has two concessions, Braniewo and Gdansk West, totalling more than 1,820 km2.  Oculis has an additional concession application pending which would add an additional 600 km2.  Oculis selected its concessions to explore a diverse range of depth and rock types based upon previous wells drilled in the basin.  The company believes its diverse position provides a high probability of commercial success.

Victoria Oil & Gas (BUY, £0.09) (LON:VOG, 3.79p, ? (0.26%)) announced that it has completed, conditional on admission, an equity placing of 430,769,231 new ordinary shares at a price of 3.25 pence per share, raising £14m before expenses through its brokers Fox-Davies Capital Limited. The Placing, which was 40% oversubscribed, will allow the Company to complete drilling and testing operations at Logbaba and seek fast-track solutions for revenue generation. The funds raised will also be used for further passive seismic spectroscopy and geochemical surveys at West Med. Another milestone has been achieved on Well La-106 at…

Unlock this article instantly by logging into your account

Don’t have an account? Register for free and we’ll get out your way


Do you like this Post?
Yes
No
2 thumbs up
0 thumbs down
Share this post with friends




1 Comment on this News show/hide all

cladd 25th May '10 This post has been moderated

Please subscribe to submit a comment




About Fox Davies Capital

Fox Davies Capital

Fox-Davies Capital Limited (FDC) has been advising and raising funds for the natural resource sector since February 2001. The firm specialises in assisting international resource companies to gain access to the UK, European and North American capital markets and has a substantial background in emerging markets particularly in Africa, Asia, Russia and the CIS.  FDC enjoys a successful track record in advising and undertaking fundraising transactions for its clients ranging from private equity to IPO and secondary offerings and works with over 350 specialised institutional resource and emerging markets funds worldwide.  FDC is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority (FSA) and is a member firm of the London Stock Exchange (LSE). more »


Stock Picking Tutorial Centre



Let’s get you setup so you get the most out of our service
Done, Let's add some stocks
Brilliant - You've created a folio! Now let's add some stocks to it.

  • Apple (AAPL)

  • Shell (RDSA)

  • Twitter (TWTR)

  • Volkswagon AG (VOK)

  • McDonalds (MCD)

  • Vodafone (VOD)

  • Barratt Homes (BDEV)

  • Microsoft (MSFT)

  • Tesco (TSCO)
Save and show me my analysis