Registered:
4/12/15
Seen:
Thu 3:29pm
Followers:
3

Comments
1061

Occupation: Retired

Interests: Commodities, Funds, International Stocks, Private Equity, Property, Stocks




JohnEustace's Latest Blogs

I just received a message from Hargreaves Lansdowne that states in part:“New regulation being introduced on 1 January 2018 will affect dealing in some of your holdings.The new regulation requires that issuers of certain types of investments (known as ‘Packaged Retail Investment and Insurance Products’ or ‘PRIIPs’) must publish a Key Information Document (or KID) if they are available to private investors.Without a KID, private…



JohnEustace's Latest Comments

3.30 still gives an hour overlap with Wall Street,  but 9 am gives no overlap with Hong Kong.It gets a bit messier when we change the clocks for daylight saving on different dates.In New York and Hong Kong we see off-exchange trading pre-market and after the close. Perhaps that would come to London as well.RNS's after the close would be great.I've been reading "Studies In…

From what I can see from a quick Google, Sherborne Investors is the vehicle used by the activist investor Ed Bramson. His attempts to gain a seat on the Barclays board have been rebuffed. So at some point he may sell up and walk away. The company is allowed to invest in one company at a time, so he could return the funds to shareholders…

The Hong Kong base caught my eye as well. If I had the Peoples Liberation Army gathering on the border I'd be looking for somewhere safe to park my money too. It does put our Brexit worries in some perspective. And perhaps helps explain the report I saw today of the first uptick for a while in London housing prices.

Markets cannot correctly price binary events. Brexit will happen or it won’t. If the market has priced in an 80% probability then they are out by either 20% or 80%.It takes more faith in the wisdom of the crowd than I possess to think that the markets can price in the Brexit impact with accuracy even if the timing and terms of exit become fixed.

I think everyone’s sold up and left old chap, it’s just us here.There could be some bargains later for those with cash to spend. Meantime gold is popular.

JohnEustace's Top Awards 1


JohnEustace Followers

JohnEustace has 3 followers including:


Let’s get you setup so you get the most out of our service
Done, Let's add some stocks
Brilliant - You've created a folio! Now let's add some stocks to it.

  • Apple (AAPL)

  • Shell (RDSA)

  • Twitter (TWTR)

  • Volkswagon AG (VOK)

  • McDonalds (MCD)

  • Vodafone (VOD)

  • Barratt Homes (BDEV)

  • Microsoft (MSFT)

  • Tesco (TSCO)
Save and show me my analysis