I am a relative newbie in private stock-picking and could use some help.

I have had dividends tax deducted by governments at source for:

Ferrexpo (FXPO) - Swiss

Plus500 (PLUS) - Israeli

So my question is, if a share is listed on the LSE, how can you easily tell where it is registered?

And secondly, is there a site which lists all of the dividend deductions by country for UK investors.

Note, I have signed the W8-BEN form for US stocks and received full dividends . I have assumed equivalent forms don't exist for Switzerland and Israel.

Thank you

Julian Reed

Unlock the rest of this article with a 14 day trial

or Unlock with your email

Already have an account?
Login here